How can I have my child swallow a pill?
Here you will find some strategies to help your child take medicines. These solutions were provided by real parents:
- Practice with Tic Tacs or mini M&Ms.
- Spray whipped cream into your child’s mouth after putting the capsule on his/her tongue.
- Crash the pill and stirr in applesauce.
- Mix it with jelly.
- You can also freeze this mixture to make popsicles.
- Serve the medicine in a spoon full of yogurt or ice cream with sprinkles or cereals.
- A teaspoon of crunchy peanut butter can easily disguise small pills..
- Cut open a fruit-flavored Gushers and stick the capsule inside. Kids can swallow Gushers whole.
- Place the pill or capsule under your child’s tongue, and have hIm/her drink water with a straw. It will naturally wash the medicine down.
- Reverse the order. First put the liquid in their mouth, and then drop the medicine in.
- Oralflo cup can help as well.