5 DIY Beauty Recipes You Can Make Yourself
5 DIY BEAUTY PRODUCTS
- Facial Toner – Combine 1/2 cup raw, unfiltered apple cider with 1/2 cup water (you can add essential oils or brewed herbal tea too!) and gently spray onto your skin.
- Insect Repellent Spray – Mix 1 1/2 cups of witch hazel, 2 tbs olive oil, 100 drops of essential oils like lemon, cedarwood, lavender or rosemary recommended). Shake well and apply.
- Hair Detangler Spray – Bring 2 cups of water to a simmer and mix with 1/2 cup of creme conditioner. Pour in spray bottle and apply to ends of hair. You can rinse it out or leave it in as a leave in conditioner.
- Skin Moisturizer – In a spray bottle, mix 1 1/2 cup of warm water, 2 tbsp liquid coconut oil and 10 drops of lavender essential oils. Spritz on face and neck before bed. Items will separate, so shake well before each use.
- Deoderant Spray – Fill your spray bottle with 1 cup of witch hazel. Add 20 drops each of Frankincense, Lavender and Lemon essential oils. Spray under arms and in any area that you feel may need a little deodorizing boost!
My favorite is the Insect Repellent Spray for sure because I really do not like the chemical smell and greasy feel that most store bought bug sprays have. I love that these items can be made pretty inexpensively with household items and that they don’t contain tons of ingredients that I can’t even pronounce!
As you know, I share tons of DIY Cleaning Recipes. I often get asked what products I would buy if I didn’t make my own, and I totally get that! I don’t always have time or want to make my own, so when I don’t, I buy Mrs. Meyer’s brand cleaning products. Right now Grove Collaborative is having an amazing deal, and this is the last day you can score it…